The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-23-2013, 04:12 PM   #1
lowrodderchev

1,000 ways to raise a bed???

hey guys i've searched far and wide look on website after website but still i'm over thinking it. so i come here for advice from any truck nut willing to add 2 cents. my 57 has a step notch on her. at first i ran metal floor on the bed cut a hole for the notch and made a cover. but looking at all the trucks here is making me think of puuting in wood. so i figured i'll raise the bed floor up and run a wood floor. but ive seen so many ways people have done it. so should run a bed that has hinges to expose my frame or just run it so it dont move? and the bed L strips that attach to the bed sides do i weld them up higher so the wood can attach to them? i seen some guys just have theres sorta floating there just attached to the wood. i have extra bed braces that go across figured i could weld up a 2x2 brace from frame to the bed braces and run the wood. i would like to be able to step in the bed without it caving in. any you guys have suggestions or pix any past experience or knowledge? dam i just a wrote a novel sorry bout that thanx guys
lowrodderchev is offline   Reply With Quote