The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-27-2013, 11:32 AM   #1
Lippyp
English Chevy Owner

Urgent Parts sourcing help needed

We've just found out that my wife has to go to New York next week on business which is a PITA for us BUT an opportunity for me to get some parts for my truck back to the UK in her suitcase rather than paying for international shipping and without having to pay import duty etc!

I need to go right through the brakes as my truck has been stood for some years so for safety sake I want to replace the lot, all the hard brake lines are rusty anyway so need replacing as they'll never pass a UK safety inspection the state they're in. At the same time I'll be upgrading from manual to power drums and I already have the brake booster (new) and all the neccesary brackets and linkages etc to do this. My parts list so far is as follows:

Inline tube stainless hard line set (unless anyone can suggest better/cheaper)
Braided hose set from above (again unless I can get them cheaper from elsewhere)
New wheel cylinders all round (rockauto maybe?)
New master cylinder(rockauto maybe?)
New drum brake hardware kit (springs etc) (rockauto maybe?)

also a couple of door hinge repair kits for my 2001 S10 blazer.

Anyone know how big the brake line packaging is? Might be hard to fit them in her case if they're in an 8ft long parcel!

Am I missing anything? Is there a better way of getting this all from one supplier as I need to get it all shipped to my wifes hotel and it has to be there on time. I'm not sure she's going to have time to get out to a NAPA or Autozone etc. Any help would be gratefully appreciated as it happens to coincide with my birthday pretty much so she's offered to pay!

'67 C10 long fleet.
350/TH350, 4 bbl Carter, K&N, Dual exhaust, loads of stuff coming soon

2001 S10 Blazer Daily Driver, bone stock 4 door 4x4 with manual transmission
Lippyp is offline   Reply With Quote