The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-28-2013, 03:03 AM   #1
E.D.75GMC

New to the site, decided would share my ride!

She was ordered brand new in June of 1975 by a rancher named Dave Thomas. Options sheet says assembly was completed at the Oshawa plant on June 25, 1975. The original warranty book from the dealer says that Mr. Thomas took owner ship of her on July 12, 1975 with 12 miles on the odometer. After many many years of hauling cattle she was retired to the barn when Dave became too elderly to drive, and she sat for approx. 10 years and moce took up residence under the seat. Sadly, Mr. Thomad passed away this past December and his truck was left to his old friend Robert, who had it stored in the front lot of his son's auto body shop in rural Alberta. I came across the truck this past February, sitting in the far corner of an snowy parking with the old red cattle racks showing over the fence. Bought her for $750 (minus the cattle racks thankfully) and drove her 60kms home on the highway. Blew all the seals in the transmission and hardly had brakes, but otherwise she performed great onbher first real drive in over a decade.

After gutting and cleaning the interior, replacing all belts/hoses, ball joints, tires, transmission and some engine gaskets, and a bit of polish she's my daily driver. The original drivetrain has 91,590 original miles, and is compromised of a 350-4 barrel with a TH350 and a rear axel ratio of 4.10

The only mechanical modification I've done is put on new manifolds and true duals with Flowmaster super 44's
Posted via Mobile Device
Posted via Mobile Device
Attached Images

E.D.75GMC is offline   Reply With Quote