The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-31-2013, 06:12 PM   #11
McMurphy

Re: Not Another Rebuild Thread....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bomp View Post
and ???
On vacation is no reason for no updates.
Wow, no kidding; tough crowd !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ta2Don View Post
You guys sure know how to drive a guy !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markeb01 View Post
Love the video! I would steal the fan/paint idea, but I don't run a mechanical fan. So I guess you'll be showing up in the truck at Goodguys in two weeks then?!!
With the fan shroud you cannot see the painted fan tips, but for me it is enough to know it is there!
Sure was great seeing you again this year, and I have to echo your comments about the time passing entirely too quickly !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by flips72 View Post
glad to see its alive sounds good....I think, please do something about the belt now one question...how much sleep did you get the night it started, not much I bet because of the excitement, great work oh yeah, I like the fan too.
Thanks !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan's Classic View Post
Your welcome. We are able to post more than one pic in a post you just have to load one then repeat on additional pics. Hope this helps.

Congrats on getting it running. I read your having troubles keeping it running. Maybe I missed it but did you figure it out yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
I am loading photos now as I type this, thanks Alan!!
Your Vitamin C-10 logo gave me an idea I would like to share with you, I will flesh it in and shoot a photo of it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clemdaddy View Post
so murph... any luck with posting pics? this server thing really gripes me out. like you i am patiently waiting for the world to be round again.

i did really like the pics of goodguys with you and the boys. thats quite a crew there...

hope you're back on soon, dude.
Am here now, and hopefully figuring out the photo posting thing !!
More to follow...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxhall View Post
Hey Murph, Glad to see all the progress you're making on the truck. I wish I could have made it out to Goodguys. It sounds like a good time was had by all. As far as the pics are concerned, you can post pics like you always have except you have to upload one at a time up to five and then post them to your thread. If I can do it anybody can.
I feel I was in esteemed company during the car show, your being there would only have made it seem moreso !
Let me see if I got this photo posting mess figured out now....

******************************************************************************************

First up is the monumental meeting of Bomp and myself.
Let me tell you what an honor it was to meet this incredibly talented metal worker and his lovely wife!
We were pretty limited to what we could do with them in our home town, as there were time limits and distance constraints (They stayed in Spokane Valley while our homestead is about an hour north on the complete opposite end of town...) But we did the best we could as hosts, Mr and Mrs Bomp were very gracious guests! We were not half way through dinner before the two wives were chatting away at a better clip than Greg and I could muster.
Go Figure.
Name:  16aug13 McMurphy meets Bomp.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  73.5 KB

After all the photos of the car show meeting that have already been posted, I figured I would post the one I liked best of our "Home Town" Line Up. This is Markb's GMC, then a car I wish I can remember the details of, then mine and the wife's Pontiacs. It was such an eventful month for things automotive (we blew the enging in our 77 Cheyenne 4x4, the fuel pump in the Tempest ate itself and I dropped the driveline in it too, as well as a loaner truck dying on us while the Cheyenne was getting refitted....all within the first week of us being there)
None the less, here is the pic:
Name:  DSC03820.jpg
Views: 637
Size:  66.4 KB

I regret we did not get any photos with JLSanborn, what a great guy he is too! As well as close enough to our homestead as to be neighbors, heh, sorta...

There are a couple of things the photo uploading thing kept me from sharing with you all.
So I am in an even bigger updating backlog than you can imagine right now; but this is one of them:
I got this about a week before we left on vacation.
Name:  18jul13 North Pole tow truck (1).jpg
Views: 625
Size:  66.5 KB
Name:  18jul13 North Pole tow truck (9).jpg
Views: 616
Size:  42.1 KB
Name:  18jul13 North Pole tow truck (6).jpg
Views: 622
Size:  69.3 KB
This is a 1964 C-30, one owner.
When he got it, he built the flatbed and the tow boom from scratch then used it to finance his life for many many years.

It has:
either a 283 or a 327cid, I have not run the numbers yet to confirm but I will soon.
It has two transmissions, I was told it was a Browning? But I have not gotten this confirmed yet either, sorry. But I do have 3 reverse gears and 12 go forward gears....
Delux steering wheel.
7 or 8 ton winch, not sure which but it is pretty cool.
This truck has the LEAST amount of rust I have ever seen on one of these like ever....
I am pretty sure it is rocking the original seat still too.
It is about as bare bones as it gets, radio delete plate, single sun visor, ect.

It drives like a champ, all my work buddies just love it!

The plans for it are to power assist the brakes (a brake job all the way around) power steering, and a vintage look stereo.
Then we are going to use it to trailer down the 66 I am building and use it as a car show hauler until the 55 is done then I will spruce it up and sell it (hopefully).

Anyways, it sure is good to be back on the board with you guys, oddly enough I have missed you guys !!

My 66 Stepside
My 64 Tow Truck
My 66 Tempest

Table Of Contents Added to Page1
McMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote