The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #1
JBX66

Hola!

Hi! Last Tuesday I became the proud (and slightly nervous) owner of a 1966 C10. I like to think and tell my friends that at 15 I know a large amount of information on cars (this is a lie). It does run, bur it needs a new starter and rewiring, along with a lot of welding and new boards. It's got a 3 speed conversion and a 250 I6, with a possible 3/4 ton rear. Oh, and it's a 2WD.
Name:  X Truck 105.jpg
Views: 665
Size:  43.0 KB

Name:  X Truck 103.jpg
Views: 663
Size:  47.3 KB
Any ideas about the bed being out of line with the cab? I thought maybe a bracket was broken.
Name:  X Truck 100.jpg
Views: 655
Size:  49.5 KB

Name:  X Truck 095.jpg
Views: 647
Size:  37.3 KB
Dash has the idiot lights on it, but I have replacement ones that have more accurate gauges.
Name:  X Truck 094.jpg
Views: 657
Size:  58.9 KB
The wiring for this thing is insane. in the interior picture you can see wires wrapping around the driver's A-Pillar going to the engine.

I plan to keep it pretty much stock, with the exception of the sound system/ radio (it has nothing but a delete plate). Anyone know of a record player that can fit in this thing? Nah, I'm kidding. but I don't want to cut up the dash, so a radio that can fit in the original slot would be a welcome suggestion. I'm not really a fan of subwoofers, but something that you can hear Fortunate Son doing 75 on the highway.

What it currently lacks: Good starter, air filter, normal wiring, radio/speakers, 4 standard tires (I think they're supposed to be 15"?), brakes and brake lines,

What it has: Potential. Rust.
JBX66 is offline   Reply With Quote