The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #1
BOXER957

66 shorty step Easy project....what was I thinking?

OK boys and girls, gather round for what is sure to be an entertaining adventure in the life of wtf have I done?! AGAIN! So I stumbled across this site while looking for info on my other build (46 chevy 1/2 ton shorty) and I got to thinking...ok, that's when I should have stopped. (Me thinking is one thing, me doing is usually in my experience a bad thing) The 46 my Dad bought (46 being the year he was born) in 1969 with the intentions on leaving it to me.. Fast forward 30 or so years and...Well he did, he tore it apart, every nut and bolt, then he moved to Fl. and left me the truck...or pile of parts anyway...so this being part of the family is getting the complete everything treatment..as fast as I can move, which will take..years. ....A little background on me, I've got degenerative disc disease, so far I have 14 discs that are a complete mess, I'm 100% disabled, and my life is a constant mix of pain/nerve meds, doctors and a lot of time in the recliner on an ice pack. The doc's say sit in a chair and don't do anything..I say put a bullet in me first! OK back on track. So I found this site, poked around a bit and started thinking it would be nice to have a truck from the year I was born 1966!(I've wanted one since I was a kid and used to sit in my neighbors truck and pretend I was driving) Something that I can throw together and bop around in while I finish up the 46, then I'd focus on the 66...What a great idea!!! THAT day I checked out c-list and found a 66 shorty step about 2 hours away. It had been sitting for sale for awhile and I figure the only reason it hadn't sold was because in the pics it was missing all kinds of parts...well he had them in his garage so the wouldn't get ruined or stolen. ALSO the very same day, a 1987 chevy1/2 ton with a 350/700r4 2wd and an aftermarket 2 1/2" dropped a-arm kit, a dual exhaust set up with 3 sets of high end mufflers and a rebuilt 12 bolt posi to boot, all for cheap money....This all adds up to me to be a sign from GOD! This is just too good to be true...everything I need... the day I start looking...all for short $$...Well follow along kiddies, as soon as I can figure out how to post pics we'll be on our way. Keep in mind the pain, the meds, the back spasms, the weather, all of this and more promise to make for an entertaining ride