The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-05-2013, 08:40 AM   #13
special-K
Special Order

Re: Mevotech upper ball joints

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71meangreenc10 View Post
I am not into the Made in the USA stuff, most people just use that to push their products that are made elsewhere and boxed up pretty here.... Today you really dont know, just like some one posted the other day about getting moog stuff and it had offshore parts inside. Most people, companies today are not honest anymore and its all about the dollar, so I dont by into supporting nothing unless I physically see the manufacturing process, sorry its just me and its my money..........

Smitty
Not to start any crap,but none of this is true. It's a law to inform the buyer what the country of origin is. This is done by some sort of indication "on" the actual product,not the box. A cast part will have "Made In USA" cast right on the part. Why do you think you see "Made In...some far off country" not known for making much at all great on parts? Do you think they are bragging? You will even see "parts manufactured in XXX and assembled in XXXX". It's required by law.
I buy into supporting American jobs. In the spirit of being what what made America the great nation it is,I thrive on looking beyond myself and helping others any way I can. Helping people I'll never see keep a job is my way of doing that. I'll never be done doing all I can for my fellow countrymen,but that's just me.

I also buy parts right here in my home town to support my local economy...and not pay any shipping at all...or wait. I only buy off the internet or mail order things I can't buy locally. I've been mail ordering for over 40 years,so it's not like I have anything against it.

GMC '67 C1500 Wideside Super Custom SWB: 327/M22/3.42 posi.........."The '67" (project)
GMC '72 K2500 Wideside Sierra Custom Camper: 350/TH350/4.10 Power-Lok..."The '72" (rolling)
Tim

"Don't call me a redneck. I'm a rough cut country gentleman"

R.I.P. ~ East Side Low Life ~ El Jay ~ 72BLUZ ~ Fasteddie69 ~ Ron586 ~ 67ChevyRedneck ~ Grumpy Old Man ~
special-K is offline   Reply With Quote