The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #10
KSWes

Re: What I can afford, when I can afford it... 70 Chevy LWB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Elco View Post
Looks great, can't wait to see what's next!
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! Been tinkering on little things over the last couple of weeks. got the cab bolted down and torqued after hearing what you and your dad went through with yours. Did 90lbs in the front 60lbs in the back from what I can find as far as the specs go that I could find on here. got seals on the doors And been working on my brothers truck that is providing the donor motor and transmission getting it ready to pull out which we did yesterday. No one hurt and the 100 dollar harbor freight cherry picker pulled it's second motor, so far it's been worth the money.

383 with 700R4 transmission. Needs a torque converter lockup kit to be able to run without an ecu. A new torque converter just to make sure it's 100% when it goes back in, it's only got about 10,000 on it since the rebuild, and never been hot.

Going to take off the tuned port set up on the motor too many wires and headaches, my brother pretty much parked it for that reason. Going with a carb set up. Should run like a son of a gun, when it gets back in action. It's getting cleaned up and painted Chevy Orange and all the carb parts bolted on. I have a garage full of work in front of me at the moment and now I need some cool weather so I can stand to work out there to get this stuff done. Spending about an hour or two a night trying to make some kind of progress.

I'm about ready for some 65-70 degree days. Been a wierd summer for us, but it's time for it to be over.

My Build:http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=513002
KSWes is offline   Reply With Quote