The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-10-2013, 10:23 PM   #1
Anti-Ricer

Going for that killer stance

It's going to start getting cold/cooler soon and I'm really going to start working on the 65.One of the things I hate most about my truck is how high it sits up so you guessed it im going to lower it.1st thing 1st is I have to lose the 275s in the back to lower it then find some steelies rally rims.I'm not sure what size I need yet but im sure a normal tire size should fix and let me lower it. Here's my issue on lowering it. Im doing this on a budge and I only want to buy one set of coils and spindles.I am deff going to get the front subframe/cradle/The front suspension or what ever its called from the square body chevy truck 73-?? so ill have disk breaks in front and I'll be doing the rear end from a 71-72 so ill have 5 lugs front and back.Now im going to lower it because like I said I hate how it sits/looks/body roll on it. I'll be using drop spindles and lowering coils when the FUNDS become available until then I still have to drive this truck.my question is if I order the drop spindles and lowering coils now will they fit when I do the disk breaks and the rear end from the 71-72 when I do it? Because im not going to buy 2 sets of coils and spindles if they wont fit. if they dont fit I'm going to cut my coils until I get the other parts because im not really worried about the ride its almost 50 years old anyways so it's not like im going to take it a 100 miles around curves or anything.sure it will be bouncy by who cares its going to look mean.I'm cut coils on a few cars now so I have it covered.I even cut my eibach coils which are already lowering springs because they wasn't low enough for me.if you can't tell im a mustang guy lol I still have one and have had one since I could drive.here's how they looked when I cut the coils and they drove fine.I want the truck to sit down over the rim and tire like the pic of my mustang (the Foxbody) it had eibachs prosport coils which I cut a coil off them and it looked badass.I know I can't get it that low but I want it as close to it as I can.I could get a deck of cards under the front bumper standing straight up.I want it LOW

Posted via Mobile Device
Anti-Ricer is offline   Reply With Quote