The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-11-2013, 09:47 AM   #1
bojak

Interior questions and vendor feed back

I am redoing my interior currently and was looking for some feed back on a couple of things. My interior was blue and I have been converting to black. I have decided re-dying the seatbelts is a no go so I am shopping for seat belts. Has anyone used the 3 point retractable with the shoulder extension on them? It is a separate section that mounts in the shoulder area and drops the pivot point on the seatbelt to supposedly make them more comfortable. My question is does it actually make them more comfortable? I can get a lot cheaper option without it. The originals didn't have it.

Next question is vendor related. Has anyone bought belts from Light-pros.com? If so are they decent? There prices are good, but I am scared a little too good if you know what I mean.

3rd question is related to dash. I stumbled across a new product in LMC that is a white face gauge overlay kit. I didn't really think white gauges in these trucks would work from an aesthetics standpoint. But it got me looking and they do make the same type kit in several color selections. I am actually thinking the silver gauge face kit might look good. Has anyone done this? How did it turn out? I am not sure about this but wanted to see if anyone had done it.

Last question is Back to seat belts. I have a crew, so I am buying 4 of the 3 point retractable for the corners. I am not going to spend the money on a center seat belt up front but in the rear center seat location should I do a 2 point retractable or just a 2 point fixed? Again trying to save a buck.

Also I guess my last question would technically make my truck a 2+3 instead of the 3+3? Sorry for the corny joke.
bojak is offline   Reply With Quote