The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > Diesel Conversions

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-12-2013, 10:17 PM   #10
hgs_notes
GEARHEAD

Re: The Story Of A Cummins Suburban (Lots Of Pics)

Been through this part of your trip many times. You probably left Yellowstone via the east entrance (hwy 14), which is the most direct route to Cody. But if you ever go through this way again, like to the Tetons some future day, you need to take the NE entrance road (Hwy 212, then hwy 296, to hwy 120 into Cody). Spectacular scenery. Not much traffic on that road either because it is more out of the way and it gets a bit twisty and difficult for RV's and semi trucks.

My inlaws live on the west side of the Tetons (St Anthony, ID) and we usually take the Teton Pass Highway from Jackson to Driggs, ID which is more direct for us and a nice drive. I haven't taken Hwy 26 west out of Jackson to Idaho Falls in many years, but I remember it also being a nice drive, especially along the reservoirs. It's worth exploring more if you get the chance to go back there.
hgs_notes is offline   Reply With Quote