The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
RedRaven

New to the forums

Hey All! I just signed up and, now that I am finally able to, I figured I would toss my first post up here introducing myself and my (new to me) Beast of a truck.

My name is Ryan, I currently live in the alright state of Oregon, I am 28 but I was bit by the 'classic' car bug many many years ago. I dreamed of getting a classic truck for quite a while and finally got my chance!

I just bought this off my Uncle and got a fairly decent run down of what it is although I don't have a bunch of specifics on a few things so please bare with me.

"The Beast"
1970 Chevy C20 Camper Special
Automatic Transmission (Original I believe)
5.7L 350 V8 (Original, I believe number matching to the truck to be exact)
Edelbrock 4 Barrel Carb (Unsure of exact model)
Glass Pack Muffler
~190k Original Miles (Actually around 188-189k)

Only real major modifications I am currently aware of are the exhaust/carb. Airbag Suspension in the rear (Was used to carry a 1970's Camper and blew out original suspension). And some of the wiring looks like a rats nest (But everything functions well, had a CB wired in, newer style radio, running lights, fog lights, etc.)

It currently has a Bench seat in it, my uncle was told it was the original bench seat, black leather and seems to have had a seat cover on it it's entire life as it currently does, because it has no rips, tears or faded/cracked leather. (Could have also been recovered, not sure.)

I have a lot planned for it, I intend on turning it into a slightly lowered, hot rod style show car/daily driver (yes I know, it sucks on gas mileage but I don't have a long distance to work and I like it ) I also intend on putting bucket seats in it and will probably sell the bench seat in it (And I will be turning here first, so anyone local-ish can get first crack at it)

This is my dream truck and I intend on making it last until it turns over it's 100th year of running (if at all possible). More pictures to come (I work Graveyard shifts so I gotta wait til my days off to snap pictures in the light... Dark when I head to work, too damn tired when I get home)
Attached Images

RedRaven is offline   Reply With Quote