The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1969 - 1972 Blazers and Jimmys Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 PM   #1
Haggar

Ordered a 4" TC EZride lift, vendor sent me 6" lift rear springs.. should I use them?

Hi there,

Noob question:

I recently picked up a 72 Jimmy, and am in the process of some upgrades. I've heard a lot of good about the Tuff Country 4" EZ ride lifts, so I ordered one up, with the new rear springs, not blocks. So, everything came on friday, and I notice the rear springs are the 6" lift models (the 19670 springs). TC's catalog shows both 4 and 6" springs, so I assumed I would get the 4's with the 4" lift kit (19470 springs)

Now, I have read on here some people prefer this combo with 4" fronts and 6" rears.

Anyone have any thoughts? Would you run the 6" rears or see if I can get them swapped for the 4" springs?

Pertinent info for making the decision:

This will be riding on 33x12.5 tires, and is used for street driving, and sand dunes. The drivetrain will be lightened, mostly on the nose, with an all aluminum LS2/700R4/NP208, which should be ~150 lbs less than the 350/SM465/NP205 combo.

I have heard the EZ 4" springs ride better than the 6" springs. Shocks will be Bilstein 5100 series at all 4 corners.

I have many years of wrenching on 4x4s (mostly Jeeps, which our family has outgrown), but these are new to me.

Thanks!
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote