The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2013, 01:44 PM   #1
Gmtruckguy92

Please help have a few questions!!!!!!!!!

Alright yall so i have a freshly rebuilt 327 (built right) and i have a few questions.

I just started noticing the truck idling weird, as in it idles fine in park and neutral but when i put it into reverse or drive it of course lowers the idle but it lowers it so much that it kinda shakes the truck a bit bc it wants to die. Now i have tweaked the idle and the only way i could get it to where it wouldnt wanna die is to increase it a bit, but by increasing it it has a higher then normal idle in park and neutral. Now when i put it into drive or reverse it doesnt die it just idles so low that it feels and sounds like it wants to die, with foot on the brake i ease into the gas without releasing the brake pedal, usually it should increase the idle and want to move but if i ease into the gas it doesnt really respond and kinda seems like its choking and dies. If i do the same thing but push the gas a bit more firm or dont slowly ease into it it appears like it should and wants to go.

I am unsure of what it could be possibly the carburator? I replaced the fuel filter due to the on it was dirty and wasnt filling up while the truck was running, with the new one on its full of gas when the truck is running, which brings me to my next question.

When the truck is shut off is it unusual for the gas to drain out of the filter back through the fuel lines? (doesnt leak out just drains back into the lines.)

Also i was curious as to how to remove the ac controls on these specific model trucks?, the connection on it is melted and i need to replace the whole unit and wiring.

I think thats all right now.. ANY HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED! Trying to get the truck going good for car show saturday. (Its nothing special but id like to take the truck)
Gmtruckguy92 is offline   Reply With Quote