The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #1
robozride

Project 1968 Custom (Get Shorty)

This is a little premature as I wont be starting the actual project until mid winter (Im finishing my 69 Elco) but, im on here lurking around and searching for ideas anyway so I may as well get the thread going so its ready when I am.
This is a 1968 c-10 custom I picked up over the summer. It had been restored 15 years ago by the original owners grandson. Its actually pretty solid with the exception of some needed floor repairs. I intend to leave the original (restored) paint and patina if possible BUT this will be a short bed, hence the title "Get Shorty". Tframe shortening doesn't scare me at all as I have done tons of frame modifications. The bed on the other hand is a bit intimidating but it will get shortened one way or another as I intend to cut it down. I have a nice newly rebuilt HP 327 on the stand and ready to go and ill be looking for a 4-speed. I picked up a bunch of static drop parts from 2002YANK and plan a 6-5 drop with the stock ralleys. So that's the plan and we will see where it goes but my plan is to have it ready to drive again by spring.

I do have a question to get started; IF I mess up my bed sides is there anyone who has shortened there metal floor and then installed new shorty sides onto it?
Attached Images

robozride is offline   Reply With Quote