The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
Chevy3+3

Newly acquired 88' 1T Crew Dually 4x4! Need advice also

First of all I am new to the forum so "Hello, its great to be here"

It all started this past Sunday when I discovered the ad on Craigslist. Based on the info I received after calling about the truck on Monday the gentleman did me a huge favor by holding the truck for me til Wednesday. So the 10 hr round trip drive started at 5 am Wednesday morning. Made it to my destination and the truck was just as he described.....Clean & solid! Sure its not perfect (scratch & ding here and there) but for 25 yrs old its in excellent shape at 130K miles. The interior is clean as well. No faded door panels and seats were in excellent shape and appear to be original cloth. All the sidemarkers are smoked and the cab lights are a aftermarket smoke LED kit. I wasnt sure if I cared for the smoked lenses much but my wife likes them and they are growing on me. I wont diclose the purchase price but lets just say NOBODY in the right mind would have thought twice about the price. I counted out the $$$$ and here she sits.

The first thing I want to do is get the truck bumped up a little. Nothing excessive but want to bump it up about 2-3 inches in fornt and level the rear. The rear already sits about 1.5" higher than front. I just wondered what the best way to go about this would be. What are my options? I live about 30 miles Atlas spring & axle and they can re-arch and add leaves. Is there a better alternative? Lift kit springs? If so which one is recommended?

To bump the rear I am fine with using lift blocks if 4" and under. The thickest block I should need would be 2" and I don't do much towing so I really dont see blocks causing any problems.

Any thoughts or advice? Thanks in advance
Chevy3+3 is offline   Reply With Quote