The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2013, 11:00 AM   #1
slowcpe

slowcpe's '67 swb C10

So I decided I'm getting too old and fat for my car and picked up really the only thing I would rather have than my Mustang. I've wanted one since I was a kid as my grandpa had nothing but old Red Chevy Pickups. I used to own his '77 swb 4x4 but reluctantly sold it when I started my company 9 years ago. After getting permission (and encouragement) I set out to find a '67-'72 C10. I ended up with a 1967 swb with a '72 front end.

The truck is a roller and body is ok. The frame appears to be damn near perfect and only the usual rust on the cab. The front clip is in pretty decent shape. The bed was originally a long bed and whoever did the work didn't hide it very well. I'll eventually replace the bed or put a new floor and bedsides on, but for now I'll teach myself body work. For what I'm wanting to do and the purchase price of the truck, this is a great starting point to make the truck exactly how I want it.

Plans are:

Powdercoat the frame
New suspension (undecided on a static drop or air ride)
5.3/6.0 engine with cam
Hopefully a T-56 but may settle on a 4l60/80 transmission
Build the rearend
5-lug/4-wheel disc brakes
Nice set of wheels. Currently like the Chrome Riddler 595s in 20x8s/20x10s. (This will be towards the end so I'm sure my mind will change 1000x)
May start off with a set of 15x8/15x10 draglites if I can score some nice used ones.
Get it on the road and enjoy it
Later on finish out the body with a '67-'68 front end
Paint it red. Considering a matte red.
A/C

Since the truck is a roller I am in need of a whole bunch of parts. In the next few days I will be cleaning it up and start my list. The truck came with a 5-lug disc conversion setup and new cab corners.

This will be a slow moving project at first, but I will try and update as much as possible.

Here are a couple of pics. Note the front clip is only held in place by two bolts. Should line up well with the remaining bolts.

1967/71 Blue SWB C10..SOLD
1977 SWB K10..my grandpa's.....never should have sold
slowcpe is offline   Reply With Quote