The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2013, 09:39 PM   #1
nrasac

Wondering if i should have radiator rerodded

Hello, my name is Justin and I am new to the boards. I have an 81 c10 with a 72 350 engine, 4bbl carb ,rwd, and automatic transmission. The heater core has been bypassed.

It has been running a bit warm and the temp sensor is a little off so thinking of replacing it with a lectric temp sensor since the oreilly's BWD was way off so I put the original back in. So far I flushed the engine first with water, I noticed that there was a lot of calcium buildup in the radiator. After flushing with water and then using prestone flush to clean it out, the water was coming out clean. However, I did notice that the inlets of the core below the radiator cap are a bit rusty. I was wondering if I should have the radiator rerodded? It is a 3 row brass copper Harrison radiator. I think it is a a 66 radiator but am not sure since I just going by a hand made etching on the radiator that reads 66/07 on it.

The temp gauge does not list any degrees but the needle points to one line before the last line. I just put a 195* temperature gauge in it. It has 16PSI radiator cap. The temp of thermostat housing is between 220-225 degrees.

[ATTACH]Name:  DSCN0090.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  26.9 KB

Name:  DSCN0094.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  20.3 KB

Name:  DSCN0096.jpg
Views: 197
Size:  29.6 KB[/ATTACH]

Last edited by nrasac; 10-10-2013 at 09:45 PM. Reason: more informoation
nrasac is offline   Reply With Quote