The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-14-2013, 11:19 AM   #1
Zero to 65

Slightly Lowered Questions

I'm rebuilding a 65 C10 and got an 84 C10 donor. I've got the front end torn down. Tell me if I'm wrong but IF I want to lower this truck (and I only want to lower it a little) the time is now, before I get everything put together, right?
I think I only want a 1 inch drop in the front and a 2 inch drop in the back.
So I've got the springs out of the 84, The spacing of the bottom coils are 1-1/2" apart. Does this mean I don't want to cut a whole coil out of it (equaling 1.5 inches of drop)? Is the spring height from an 84 the same as the 65 ? And will this negatively affect the spring (is the bottom coil supposed to be a 1/2 in closer to the rest? In the rear, if I do the 2" lowering block method that TX FIREFIGHTER explains = http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=196457
will i have to buy different springs than came stock with the 65 c10?
I hope I'm making sense, and sorry for the NOOB questions, just never lowered a truck before.

overall length of spring
[IMG][/IMG]

coil spacing
[IMG][/IMG]

close to what I'm looking for - just still want the rear 1 inch higher than the front.
[IMG][/IMG]
Zero to 65 is offline   Reply With Quote