The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-20-2013, 11:42 PM   #11
VWNate1

Post Why THIS Truck

Quote:
Originally Posted by magwakeenercew2jh View Post
Wow! Thanks much, Nate.
I feel a Love-Fest coming on...

Well Bill ;

I'm old and I've had and worked , more trucks than most ever will so I know a tiny bit about light duty trucks and these '67 ~ '74 trucks are real trucks yet they ride like cars and with *very* little up grades will easily tear up those winding back roads and canyons I love so much .

Plus , they're roomy and well ventilated , hot or cold .

I do love those Advance Design GM trucks very much indeed and I loved my Square Body '76 GMC C2500 but , these '67 ~ '72's seem a better trade off .

I could have bought that nice low mileage '92 Chevrolet 1500 Fleet Edition with the V-6 , F.I. , automatic overdrive , 60/40 , seat rubber mats and near perfect white paint all for $1,500 *but* I have to feed & fix it as well as log 800 + miles every week in it so I chose the (for me) better truck and for the same reasons I'd choose yours .

I keep telling folks : there's a reason Chevrolet was the most popular car/truck in America for many decades and this was back when I6 engines were fitted to 4 out of every 5 units sold .

I rest my case , now go drive and enjoy your fine old truck , don't make too much fun of those poor sap brand "F" & brand "D" guys , they really don't know any better .
'69 C/10 shortbed sidemount survivor 250 L6 W/ 350TH