The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-23-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
jrdamien

'50 Chevy 3100 on S10 Asking Price *Update

I had previously posted about this truck I've found and wanted to ask ya'll for some more help/direction.

To recap: it's a '50 body w/ '48 rear fenders. Very complete, very straight, all metal/no bondo/no patching body, front and bed. The cab is already mounted on the s10 frame. Likewise the radiator is mounted. All the fabrication from the cab forward is done. All the metal ahead of the cab is just hanging but the radiator support has been fabbed and is in place. The s10 frame has already been cut.

It comes with the s10 4.3 v6 and the 4 speed manual trans. The interior of the cab is stripped. No gauges, no handles, but it has bucket seats.

The box needs mounting. There are no bed boards or rails (not a concern).

He was asking 4500. I have him at 3500. I am certain he'll take 3k.

He now has a title for it. He also has boxes of parts - lights, trim, etc.

My concern is this: it was a relatives project that he was given to store. Relative never got it (there's a whole story). So I only know what has been done and nothing else. The motor is mounted and everything from the steering to the drivetrain is in place but nothing is wired.

Is this even worth 3k with so many unknowns? I would think the body alone would be but I do not know and don't want to flush 3k away.

I did look very close at the work done. The body is mounted well on good fabricated mounts and welded well. Whoever fabbed the radiator mount did it well and cleverly.

Opinions, gents?
jrdamien is offline   Reply With Quote