The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-24-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Orange Crate

More Tow Hook ???s

On my 72 K20 during frame painting I noticed that it was drilled for hooks so I searched for an original set and I just got them the other day and have attached a few pics of them installed. I can barely see a part number for the left or right side but it looks to be 3941733-4 or 3941732-4 but it is not clear enough to be sure. Does anyone have the numbers for left and right side? The other questions I have are about the install. If you look at how I have them, I am not too sure which direction the tips should go and also the plate that is spot welded on to the forward spring perch is there on one side and missing from the other. The welded on plate interferes with the hook on the left side (seen from the drivers seat) and it doesn't seem to make a difference which hook I put on that side (hook tip pointing in or out) there isn't enough clearance to get a strap on there. The first pic is left side with tip pointing out (missing plate on perch) and the clearance is the second pic. The third pic is the left side with the perch plate and tip pointing out and (lack) of clearance. The rest are of the hooks reversed tips pointing in. I think what I will do is to remove the welded on plate on the left and point the tips out, but I was curious if this is what the extreme bend hooks were all about (getting around the perch plates). Any info would be much appreciated and probably make my whole day. Big Enjoys!
Attached Images