The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-25-2013, 10:44 AM   #1
67Steven

l92/6l80 will not start/can't read codes

I have a 2008 Hummer drive train with 13K on the clock going into a 1972 Blazer.

This is my first time with an LS motor, and I am having problems.

I did not get the ECM from the original truck, but I did send the TCM to a tuner who matched an ECM from an 08 Denali I believe and tuned it around that VIN.

I purchased a wiring harness from PSI and installed it. My problems started there. I had given Jon a list of components I had (basically stock) , and he was supposed to build the harness around there. The MAP, MAF and O2 plugs were all wrong, and I had to change the plugs to match my sensors except the O2, I purchased new units to match the harness as Jon said it wouldn't matter to the ECU. They gave me tap shift wire, but didn't want it, only 1 fan wire when I needed 2, and no provision to tell the ECU the truck is in 4lo.

I finally tried to start it last weekend, and it will crank, but not start. I tried to use my scanner, (Innova 3130c) but it will not connect. I have checked and rechecked all my grounds, verified 12v at "On" and "Crank", and that the trans plug is all the way in and not turning with the lock ring.

The noid light flashes when I crank, but only once bright, then dim, then nothing. Jon has said that the 'starter checks' are still on- would this cause all my issues? Would this not allow the ECU to communicate with the scanner? The tuner has verified that the VATS was removed, is this the same as starter checks?

Another note- I depressed the accelerator pedal and it does not move the throttle- is this due to starter checks?

I pulled the Injectors out last night to clean them if they were plugged, and I am putting new o-rings on today.

List of components:

ECU 12617630 (serv# 12612384) E38 Has 08 GMC Denali program

O2 12581966 (programmed for 12589321 if it matters)

MAF 25168491 (I changed plug to match this)

MAP 09359409 (I changed plug to match this)

Pedal 25832864

Injectors 12580681

Any help is appreciated, I (and my kids) would love to hear this thing start.

Thanks,
Steven
67Steven is offline   Reply With Quote