The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2013, 12:05 PM   #1
earl84

PC based software recommendations for diagnostics

I am interested in purchasing some software that I can use on my laptop for reading codes, resetting codes, and getting real time data for looking at stuff like the Mass Airflow Sensor or the ABS, or the Crank sensor. Not wanting to do any kind of tuning, just a really, really good code reader. I used to have a mechanic, before I moved, that had one of these, and I would like to have that capability without spending thousands. http://www.otctools.com/products/gen...th_system_4.0_
I don't want to use it on my truck, since I have a plain Jane 350 in it. But on my old car or my kid's car, it would come in super handy sometimes. Anyone have some recommendations? Thanks for your help.

I posted this question somewhere else on the forums, but had pulled up an older thread, and I think it got deleted, which is cool. Seems like the knowledge for this type of software would reside in this section. Not that those that frequent the other sections wouldn't know as well. BTW, I. LOVE. THIS. FORUM.
earl84 is offline   Reply With Quote