The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2013, 06:56 PM   #11
NEWFISHER

Re: Crossing over, the 65 rebuild.

pulled the cluster again today, installed a speedo cable ( missing when purchased) and built a blackout screen for the tach. Also read up on Early Sun tachs and how to adjust them. Mine was off about 400 rpm, but reads accurate now. Unmolested the fuse panel and all of the wiring. Kind of a pet peave of mine, under dash wiring. I laid it all out, black loomed it in sections and reinstalled it to everything. looks like a new truck under the dash now.

We spent most of the day on my buddies 76 getting it back together. Building weather guards for the inner doors, transferring the Silverado trim to the new panels and dash, installing wipers, cutting and buffing the sides, polishing the trim as it goes on etc. Lots of little things.

I did finally get around to taking the plunge and drilling my panels to mount the arm rests. Measure several times and drill once. It helped to use some dumb-dumb with a silicone blob on the end to transfer the locations in the inner structure.
NEWFISHER is offline   Reply With Quote