The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-03-2013, 11:32 PM   #1
Mgicm

50 build questions - help needed

So I have a project that was started by another that I acquired ..a 51 on s10. I had some questions that I did not see answered in other threads so hoping someone can assist.

1. How do people mount the front bumper to a s10 frame? There really is no way to do this. Ive seen the ezswaps kit has some huge frontpiece to bolt to the frame but is there a cheaper way? Also where exactly does the rear bumper mount and how? Sorry for the novice question.

2. What size/make/model of radiator do people use with a s10 swap? I am looking for a aluminum with fans I woudl suppose. DO any radiators fit in the space that maybe I could find at a junkyard? Didnt want to spend hundreds on a new radiator that I could find at a junk yard.

3. For the column going through the firewall, is there someone who has made or purchased a clean mount? RIght now I have some hacked piece that I do not like.

4. Is there a way to firm up the spot where the brake mounts to the firewall? I have heard that some models can weaken the firewall. Not sure if I have that type but would like to firm it up or change the style.

5. I have this odd hurst cable shifter hooked to a turbo 350. I do not like it as it is tricky to get into gear. I want a nice tall rat rod type shifter. Is there a cheaper kit than lokar at $300 to accomplish this?

6. Anyone replace the stock s10 chevy steering column/wheel? I might just want to do the wheel now but not sure what would fit nor how to change it. Anyone done this?

I know its alot.. sure appreciate any info/pictures as I am doing this alone. Will keep digging through posts to find out more info.

thanks
GP
Mgicm is offline   Reply With Quote