The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-12-2003, 01:36 AM   #26
Baradium
Binder Rep

Quote:
Originally posted by junkyardjohn

no matter what you do to it it will always be a corn binder and ride like a buck board, unless you put mega bucks into it,
CORN BINDER???? (USSUALLY ONLY INTERNATIONAL TRUCKS ARE CALLED CORNBINDERS) & AS FOR RIDING LIKE A BUCKBOARD....... 1/2 TONS OF THIS VINTAGE RODE GREAT. PULLING A LEAF OR TWO OUT OF THE SPRINGPACK, & SOME NEW SHOCKS DOESN'T SOUND LIKE MEGABUCKS TO ME. THE ONLY WAY YOU'LL SPEND A TON OF MONEY ON THAT TRUCK IS IF YOU PAY SOMEONE TO DO EVERYTHING YOU WANT DONE. I HAD A 58 BACK IN THE 70s & IT WAS A GREAT TRUCK. I GUESS YOU'VE NEVER OWNED ONE HUH CASEY?? JOHN
There you go John!

Internationals are referred to (lovingly by IH afficionados) as cornbinders due to International's farm equipment heritage, from the days when you could literrally buy anything from them (down to coal they mined even).

Even if you do want to use it as a slur, lets keep it in context please. :p

Those old trucks are built incredibly solidly and one in good shape is definately worth fixing up IMO. They might not have as many creature comforts, but they are still great trucks. Of course, I'm not exactly one to care too much about a caddilac type ride... although the '70 sure is nice to drive...

-Ryan
Baradium is offline   Reply With Quote