The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-23-2013, 10:34 AM   #11
Modges'66

Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan, otherwise known as Beer City U.S.A.
Re: My Unexpected '66 SWB-Fleet-Restomod Project!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad64chevy View Post
ya, I was thinking of that too! just wire up the dash and engine, just to heard it run!!
Yeah Chad,
I have been working very hard to figure out all of this engine management wiring! Holy crap! There is a lot of B.S. to think about...Relays for the cooling fans, electric water-pump, fuel-pump, and I also added a relay that will drop-out the fuel-pump in the event that the engine gets over 250 degrees, because I am unsure about the reliability of the electric water-pump on the street....Then we added a separate fuse block for all of the relays...Wires here, wires there, wires everywhere!
At the same time, I am trying to keep everything sanitary looking, and document how it is wired for the future. What a P.I.T.A.
Things are getting a lot closer to firing her up though!
I have almost all of the engine wiring completed, but need to run fuel lines, and block off a few vacuum ports, and finish connecting the steam tube line to the radiator...

I haven't taken many pics lately, because nothing looks much different.
I did however, fabricate a cool mount for the engine computer from aluminum, and mounted it to the side of the steering column support, so that it is tucked-up nicely under the dash, and easily removable in the event of more re-programming!

A view from under the dash.

Here is a view looking thru the gage cluster opening

Kinda hard to see, but a view from the passenger side floor.

I also messed around trying to figure out the air-cleaner/intake tube set-up that I will use. Far from done with this though, I don't really like the way it looks, so I ordered a bunch of stuff from Summit for this!

Gotta run for now!
I need to get back to work on this thing!
Modges'66 is offline   Reply With Quote