The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-24-2013, 10:27 PM   #11
Tx Firefighter
Watch out for your cornhole !

Re: The Hillbilly Deluxe dually build

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodell View Post
It's in the 20's here so I didn't want to do any body work today. I was going to spring for some LED's but as I get older bright lights hurt the eyes a bit, and I did not want to be in a situation where I could not dim the dash lights. I couldn't even see the gauges on the left side of the dash. I took it apart and after reading several of these great threads I painted the plastic behind the gauges white, and the plastic behind the clear plastic white. I also had a bulb burnt out. I polished the plastic and now the lights are extremely bright and I do like the "halo effect" someone had mentioned. I also used a heat gun to get the fake chrome off. I used a plastic spray-paint ($4), and it worked great for the white. I will have to take the bezel back off and do some more work to it, probably repaint at least the silver. Anyway you can't tell from the phone pics, but its really bright......thanks again..I believe you have my stapler...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Wonderful post. The results look outstanding. I can tell you're quite a detail oriented person by looking at the pictures.

And, yes, I do have your stapler.

Fellas, let me take a minute to say, I deeply appreciate everyone who takes the time to read and post in my build thread. It's very motivating to me to have a bunch of internet buddies right along side of me (figuratively) as I work on my truck. You guys offer opinions, tech, and encouragement that really helps me to stay the course on making forward progress.