The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-25-2013, 02:48 PM   #1
64chevmn

Bottom of door gap to rocker panel

Due to rust, I'm replacing the inner and outer rocker panels on my 64 Chevy project. I have the new inner rockers/floor pan piece welded in place along with the lower front dog leg/a-pillar. When I set the outer rocker in place and hang the door to check the lower door gap to the rocker panel, I have only about an 1/8-inch gap. I have very nice door gaps along the top and side that line up with the body lines so I dont want to raise the door up any further. I tried loosening all the bolts that hold the inner rocker/floor pan section to the cab supports in an attempt to get the inner rocker/floor to drop down another 1/8-inch or so with no luck (the floor section is nice and tight against the cab supports). I tried using a block of wood and a hammer to force the inner rocker/floor pan down, but I'm nervous about causing other problems if I start banging away. Does anybody have any better ways to get my outer rocker panel to drop down slightly? I don't think an 1/8-inch gap is enough between the door and the rocker.

Dan
Attached Images

64chevmn is offline   Reply With Quote