The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #1
Phlebmaster

Talking Phlebmaster's 1964 GMC 3/4 ton Evolution- full of pics and win!

I'm back! I have found myself a new daddy and daughter project. It is a 1964 GMC 3/4 ton with a 305E V6 SM-420 4sp w/granny and a 4.10 rear end....she will pull your house off the foundation, but can't go over 50mph. lol

My previous daddy and daughter project was a 72 C20: http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=381104

My youngest want to have the same experience and this will be her first vehicle. This project will include and engine swap, transmission swap, addition of power brakes, steering, and fuel injection!! Woohoo. I hope she is up for this....

Here we go, after my 72 was completed (see thread above) I sold her to another member here. Then purchased my first motorcycle a 76 Kawasaki KZ400 which I turned into a café racer. Then I traded that for an 85 Honda Interceptor vf500, finished that and traded for a rare 86 VFR750....finished the VFR and traded for an 84 Porsche 944 (big mistake), finished that then traded for an Eclipse turbo spyder that I ended up trading for this beast!! You can see my projects in my youtube channel....

whew....now that that is done, let's get to the project at hand.

Here she is, covered in silver Hammerite paint. The body is pretty strait with only a few rust areas in the usual spots and a couple of dent repair attempts.

The GIANT GMC V6 is a beast and runs great! Gets about 8-10 mpg and gets grumpy over 2500 rpm. The 4 spd transmission is in good shape, "clicks" into gears nicely and is very quiet at any speed.

I am gathering items to make this truck more drivable for my daughter. This weekend I will be picking up a 350 TBI w/700R4 complete with power steering and A/C. I am not sure if I am sticking with the TBI or going carb, but we will know more after I get the parts so I know what I have and the shape everything is in.

Next will be power brakes and the parts I need to swap in the auto transmission such as steering column and linkage.

I'll have some parts to sell/trade from the GMC including the 305E v6 engine, original Stromberg carb, Rochester 2bbl, and SM-420 transmission (which has the lowest 1st gear in a stock truck) so it will likely be desirable to crawlers. I am keeping the 4.10 rear end for the sake of fun!

I painted the dash and will finish the interior this winter....looks better than it did!!

Thank you for looking! Stay tuned......
Assumptions always lead to a dead end!

Last edited by ChiefRocka; 11-30-2013 at 10:21 AM.
Phlebmaster is offline   Reply With Quote