The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-28-2013, 01:45 PM   #1
iamoscar

68 lb to swb

Happy thanksgiving guys,

I have been lurking more than contributing. You guys have covered most of the problems or questions I have had. There is a lot of knowledge and experiance on this board. Thank you for sharing!

The link below is to the photos of my 68 long bed I stumbled onto. I bought it from a guys wife while he was out of town(jail). She was asking $1000 but came down to $800 on her own in the first 5 minutes on the phone. I got it even cheaper than that. Might have had something to do with the crack pipe I found in the back! Drugs only benefit those buying your stuff! haha.

My plans were to make it pretty and flip it, But the more I got into it the project has grown. She's gonna be shorter(already cut), smoothed sprayed black and have a 5.3 to push her around. Looking to run some ported 5.3 heads from Texas speed if the $$$ is there and a ls1 intake so the engine doesn't look like a camel. 5/7 drop on 20's roll pans front and rear and tossing the idea of the 69 Camaro bumper in the front. May try a Corvair bumper though they are thicker and look like the may go with the truck better. hmmmm???

Its been fun working on this truck. Its a much needed break from the disposable cars I repair daily. I just pecking away on it as money and time allow.

Everything is getting painted, even the bottom of the bed floor, like I said this project grew a little.

https://plus.google.com/photos/10589...32388338525969

If anyone in the Dallas, TX area needs some help with something bodywork wise hit me up. I don't mind helping out.
iamoscar is offline   Reply With Quote