The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > projects and builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-29-2013, 10:37 AM   #10
kerber63

Re: Project "Insert Really Cool Title Here"

Since I was running drop springs and blocks, I put in a c-notch just to make sure the suspension would travel. At that time, I started crunching numbers to see how fast I could go with the new transmission. I was running my stock 3.73 open rearend with fresh internals and axles. I calculated that in 6th gear, to be going 70 mph, the motor would be turning 1500 rpm. That was a little low for me, since I would almost never be able to use 6th. So I started looking around for something different to put in back. A buddy at work told me he used to have a '65 suburban, and still had its rearend laying around at his place. He wasn't sure what the ratio was, but he gave it to me for free. I tore into it right away, pulled the cover right away and found a . . . posi unit staring me right in the face. 4.11 posi put me at 70 mph at 1650. It went straight in, of course.
Attached Images

kerber63 is offline   Reply With Quote