The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-01-2013, 04:39 PM   #11
Denee007

My 59 apache

answers to questions:

Tobins, the seat width is 57" from outside of the lower parts of the seat (outside to outside). There is little room on the sides of the seat, the seat fills the area. Just enough room for my shoulder harness to slide. It's a perfect fit.
The more perfectionists wouldn't want this setup as it isn't perfect. It just fits my demands and is very comfortable and acommodates the child seat booster in the middle.

Thanks Marc and Bob!

Brikar, yes, it's a metallic red, The clear coat is with pearl which in the sunlight flips the color from red to a greenish tint/hue, incredible! I didn't paint the truck. It was painted already so I can't take any credit except for the dash and engine compartment. At night or a cloudy day, it's more like a solid color, Or more like maroon.

I hope these help~ dne'

as I said, the seat is a bit wide. I would have installed it anyway due to having our grand daughter enough room to sit in the middle. When the console part is up, I just scoot over to the middle a bit and center myself to the steering wheel. No one has ever made note at the car shows.

This pic was taken dead center of the hood:

But there are benefits to this seat as I can access to the underneath of the seats for storage, as there is little storage available.

The driver's seat will come up, but not all the way. If I want, I can remove the steering wheel for the seat to come up all the way, then the back will fold forward to access behind the driver's seat. As when I was installing the lower part of the seat belt retractor.

59Stepside, I didn't have the best photo that you asked, but I can get back out there and get a pic tomorrow, but this gives you and idea.

67 Ford Mustang (re-restored after Harvey)
1968 Jeep Cj5 (2-8-2020 to present)
1992 Jeep Yj (8-17-20 to present) (Jurassic build)

www.Classiccarsandtools.com
Denee007 is offline   Reply With Quote