The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2013, 12:24 AM   #10
jbassC10

Big Drop! 4/6 Re: What did you do to your truck today!

Put an awesome bolt to bolt no fabricating 4/6 drop on my 69 C10 today!! Great deal, great price!
Note: You can put a 4/6 drop springs and spindles on without putting in the "C" notch. But, yes "but", you should watch carefully when carrying anything in the bed of any weight. My 4/6 drop put my frame 1 inch about the rear end "bump stops". Sooo... maybe in time I'll put the "C" notch into frame when I have more time and equipment. But just letting anyone who wants a 4/6 drop know, you can do it without the "C" notch, but keep in mind what I said above. "Any weight"
Note 2: My first thought was to cut off half the "bump stop" to make more room... but no no no.... at least with my rear end (93 with 45x295x20's) it would cause a great problem if one of my tires went down to far(ditch/hole) which would cause the up inner part of the other side to tuck in and then I would rub my inner 295 tires against my fender well. So, keep in mind what size tire and offset of the rim when you start debating on cutting on your "bump stops"
[[Long note, sorry. Hopefully it'll save someone's wallet somewhere!]]
The drop I used was from the website below:
http://www.andysautosport.com/chevro...s00000437.html
$580 bucks (shipping from California to Arkansas)
So amused because I really didn't have to do any fabricating to install the drop. I nearly installed the entire drop SOLO. But a friend came along, so its a great drop kit that mounted perfect to my truck mods! 69 Chevy, with a 93 rear end, and a 71 front A arms/disc brakes.
WELL WORTH THE PRICE FOR A GREAT 4/6
~Tyler