The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-03-2013, 04:09 PM   #1
supercharged

Wink No Mo' Low

I am not sure when the first pickup was lowered, like a car, but it seems that is the first thing eveyone wants to do to an old truck.

I will be honest - I ahave never been a fan of low riders, be it cars or pickups, but to each his or her own. Your ride - Your decision.

I will go one more step and state that I have never been a fan of the super jacked-up mud truck look either. But at least I can see how that stance has a practical use. Well maybe not practical but at least the truck can be driven down typical roads.

But its seems now that those are the only two acceptable stances for a truck. I am sick of hearing either: "You should slam that thing to the ground" or "You need to jack that baby up."

What happened to variety in this hobby? Even when a tread was started to addres the perfect "rake" ( http://67-72chevytrucks.com/vboard/s...d.php?t=480424 ) most of the replies were for low riders!

Rake can be positive or negative but not neutral (level) . The only level truck that is different would be a Gasser.

Let's start a movement to have more "raked" pickups at the shows and on the street....dare to be different.

“To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.”
― Aristotle
supercharged is offline   Reply With Quote