The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2013, 12:19 AM   #1
70c10stepside

Holley problems

Its a 750 vs(year old) and motor is 355. Started with it dieing in gear. After fighting, trying to keep clean fuel filters on it, trash got to the carb. Now the fuel filters are staying clean. But I rebuilt the carb and now issues are coming up still. It is still clean inside, as I have took it off and back on trying to source the issue, being clean inside every time. Including just a minute ago. It just stumbled bad. It'll idle but hops around. One minute worse, one minute better. And it'll idle in gear for a minute, then die from hopping around. When you go down the road it studders getting to speed. Bad. Could it just be bad gas? Or worse? I can tighten the mixture screw all the way in and it will cut off. But I realized a minute ago the speed screw does not really seem to be affecting it. At all. Could this be something to the issue? The accelerator pump screw is set to 15 thousands at wot. All float levels are where they are supposed to be. Its got plenty off fuel pressure. Ideas? Simply bad gas?
70c10stepside is offline   Reply With Quote