The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-06-2013, 09:07 PM   #1
Sarg

68 c-10 & 72 c-10

I am a new member to the forum and I thought I would share my new trucks. I have always been into hot rods but never owned any trucks. I am in the process of finishing my upstairs and I was only looking for the back half of an old truck to use as a TV stand. While eating lunch with my best friend Adam (truck guy all the way). I spotted this truck pass by on a flat bed truck. I said to Adam did you see that truck? That is just what I need for my TV stand. He said did you see it was missing the front end (which I did not notice)? As soon as he said that I knew it was on the way to the local scrap yard so I took off after it. When I got to the the yard the driver was next in line to hit the scales. I asked if he would sell it to me if I gave him more than the scrap price. He agreed and dropped it off in my driveway. Below is a picture when he doped it off. I called my friend who came over (loves trucks) and he said I could not cut this truck up because it was too nice! Well I let him talk me into not cutting it up and then it all started. Can you tell where this is going? So I sold all the scrap that was in the back of the truck and cleaned it up a little bit. I decided I would fix it up and make it a driver. Hey the guy gave me a title for it also! The truck was hit in the front and parked about 10 years ago. I started looking for parts on the cheap and that led me to the next project. Have you guys ever done the same?
Attached Images

Sarg is offline   Reply With Quote