The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 60-66 Suburbans

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-15-2013, 05:53 PM   #1
ogsRULE

Scottie's Slammer

Hi Guys! I have been following the forum for awhile and thought I'd finally post and let you know what I have been working on. The forum has been really great for me for ideas as this project has been going together.

This is a project that has been kicked down the road a couple of times, to my good fortune. I bought it out of a divorce before paint and motor, and now it is coming together nicely. This body must have some history government service. You can see the antenna mounts, but it just has no rust, so likely garaged during its life.

Short coils, spindles and notched frame to get it low without the need for bags. That's a 350/350 drive train. Up next is exhaust. I am just about to put the rebuilt double tinted sliders back in.

My goal from the beginning was to build something that is not over the top in cost and that I'm willing to toss the dogs in to go camping. So far I'm on track.

Thanks for all the good stuff on the forum and I'll keep you posted with progress.

(pic looks a little weird cause it's a pano)
Attached Images

ogsRULE is offline   Reply With Quote