The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #1
draciel882

70s/80s K10 Blazer or Suburban Axle Swap to '63 C20

Hey everyone,

I need as much information and resources as you can muster.

I have my truck, a 1963 3/4 ton 2WD Chevy with a 292 and either a 3 or 4 speed. I want to make it a 4x4.

I have looked for a direct swap donor but I'm extremely low on cash so I'm looking for a cheaper route.

I may have a K10 Blazer and a Suburban at my disposal.

What I am wondering is, how hard would it be to swap the axles out of either of them and can I take the transmission and transfer case from either of them and bolt them up to my 292. I would like to have a manual transmission but that will have to come later.

I don't know what year either the Blazer or the 'Burb is but I have pictures that I will post. As far as I know, I don't think the axles will be a direct easy swap.

So if you guys have a link to a kit or a step by step of what to do to bolt the axles in and get them set up, that would be great. I would really like to be able to get this done by the summer. So the faster I get the information, the faster I can get started.

Also if you guys could tell me what gear ratios I can expect in either of the trucks, that would be cool too. I'm pretty sure the K10 on has a 305ci but the 'Burb has a 350ci.

Picture of the Suburban:

Picture of the Blazer:

Thanks a ton everyone. This will really help me out.
draciel882 is offline   Reply With Quote