The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1947 - 1959 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-27-2013, 09:18 PM   #11
Jack Guzman

Re: What Did You Do With Your Truck Today ?

I got my radiator back from getting recored. I slid it down into position and tried to start the first bolt and it wouldn't line up. I looked closer at the mounting flange and it just doesn't make sense so I removed the radiator again to look it all over. It seems that my radiator isn't the factory original.Someone in the past replaced it and did a little modification to make it fit.When they recored the radiator,the bracket went back on slightly different and totally threw off the makeshift modifications. So I did some modifying of my own and finally I got it in.
Then I went to replace the hoses. The upper hose fit fine but the lower one wasn't even close. The hose I bought was 1 1/2"x 1 1/2" and the water pump has a 1 7/8" o.d.outlet. So I had to go to the local Napa and get the nice guy behind the counter to crawl around in his stock shelves to find something that would work.
Cleaned up the heater box and reassembled it and ran the new heater hoses.
Anyhow, at the end of the day it's all together and I'll be running my motor tomorrow. All I need now to drive my truck for the first time is to get the new tires mounted.---Jack