The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2013, 09:06 PM   #1
Motorhead-47

Headlight Wiring Help

I bought a 67 C10 last weekend and I need some headlight wiring help from the experts. Background....the previous owner put a new Painless Performance harness in the truck. On high beams I get bright lights and a good high beam indicator on the dash. On low beam, the lights are very yellow/dim and the high beam indicator on the dash glows dim. Both the headlight switch and dimmer switch are new.

OK, here is what I see with a multimeter. With the lights off, all three terminals at the harness at the headlight plug show continuity to ground. With high beams on, I see 13v on the high beam terminal at the headlight, ground at the low beam, and 13v on the ground wire. On low beam, I see 13v on the high beam, ground on the low beam, and 7 volts on the ground wire.

This drawing is from looking at the back of the headlight. Hopefully I have that right.

Anyone have an idea what is wired wrong where?

Motorhead-47 is offline   Reply With Quote