The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #11
mcbassin
Still Learning

Re: 1969 Short Wide

Quote:
Originally Posted by knomadd View Post
I see the cowl is on in the pictures, but have you checked the gaps for the cowl vs the fender & cab? I ask because I understand your pain with doing body work first, then checking gaps and want to save you some effort if you haven't checked your cowl too. I hope you have already checked this and there isn't a problem. *fingers crossed*

If you move the door out to line up with the fender, would a new seal fix the gap for the door seal? I assume you haven't installed new seals since it's not painted yet.
I think the cowl will gap out good from what I have checked. The bolts look like they will fall right in and yes there will be some shims required.
Yes, I did try my new seal on the driver side. It's the push on type so no worries with glue. I can get the door to fit pretty good with the seal but if I adjust it out to match closer to the fender it has a gap at the top between the door and seal.
mcbassin is offline   Reply With Quote