The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1973 - 1987 Chevrolet & GMC Squarebody Pickups Message Board > Squarebody Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-31-2013, 03:02 PM   #11
randawesome

Re: 89 crew cab k20 4wd twin turbo cummins swap

The smart ones move but I've been working in Seattle area a lot lately and seems people pull in front of anything doesn't matter if it's me or a Peterbilt. It's an 83 I bought in Colorado Springs at the end of June. It was worth the flight and 1200 mile drive to get a K30 crew with a cummins and nv4500 already in it for 6500. It sat stock and was 9 colors when I bought it. I had the front clip swapped replaced the door had atlas build the springs put Xover steering from ORD painted it and put suspension tires and wheels on by the end of July. Has a 9in total lift with 37s n 20s. Drives awesome. I absolutely love this truck. I have about 10.5k total in it but itd take close to double that to talk me out if it. I'd love to do a compound like yours but I think a nice single would fit my dd needs just fine. I think 400hp and 800 lb/ft is more the enough for a dd. I drive this truck between 500 and 1000 miles a week so fuel milage dependability and longevity is quite important.

I like what you did for AC. There's another guy just down the road from me that did the same. Are you running the 95ish compressed from a dodge? I have nearly everything still in truck for AC I just need the compressor and a few minor pieces to back to summer time comfort.