The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-05-2014, 03:24 AM   #1
Keithpep

Custom '68 with a twist.

Well I've been lurking on here for about seven month's now and considered starting a build thread, but after seeing some of the builds on here, felt my build nor my talent were worthy. There is so much talent and creativity on this site, that it can be intimidating. But I've come to realize that after checking out hundreds of build threads (and the comments within) that most everyone appreciates the builds on this site regardless of budgets (I would fall in the low budget category ), skill level, or any other factors associated with a build.

So I thought what the hell, may as well jump in and enjoy some of the camaraderie that exists here, not to mention the vast knowledge available from some of the members. Be prepared, I will be gleaning info from you guys on a regular basis.

So here's my story:

I bought a '68 from a friend about 12-15 years ago and tore into it like a banshee for about 8 months. Well as some of you know, life has a way side tracking you, and long story short, she sat idle until about 5 months ago. My 22 year old son had been pestering me to let him build the truck so I finally gave in and let him have it. Towed it and all the parts I had accumulated over the years to his house and gave him some pointers on how he should build it. Thought it would be a good father/son project? Well, naturally we both have different idea's on how to build a truck (with him being 22 and me 30 years older), so I let it alone. Needless to say, after about a week, I realized that I still wanted a vintage truck (67-72 vintage, and a Chevy), even if it just sat in the garage The wife was not happy three weeks later when I drove up in another '68. She asked why I just didn't keep the one I had.......had no explanation for her. She still don't get it, oh well! Anyway, let's get to what you all like-the build.

As stated earlier, she is a '68 swb. The twist in the title refers to the fact that I'm gonna build a shop truck, but with an actual service bed on it. I haven't seen many of these around, so I thought I would be a little different. I'm going to use the bed to hide some of the stuff you would normally find under the truck, more on that later. I've looked all over the web, and have not seen a customized service truck of this vintage anyway. Hopefully it turns out as I picture it. I will post pics as soon as I read through the thread explaining how to do it, there is a thread I hope. Either way, I will figure it out and get to posting, later all.

Never mind, I think I figured out the picture thing, I hope.
Attached Images

Keithpep is offline   Reply With Quote