The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1967 - 1972 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board > 67-72 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Projects and Builds

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-07-2014, 05:53 PM   #1
OregonNed

My '68 C10 Project - Blue 68

I've had my '68 now for a year, and thought I'd start a thread showing some of the improvements I am making on it. The truck was in really pretty good shape when I bought it, but definitely needs some updates and changes. I bought it from a gentleman in Fruitland, Idaho - sight unseen, other than two pictures on the Craigslist ad. A friend and fellow member here went with me to pick her up and I drove her back - fighting snow and ice on the passes all the way over and back. The freeway was closed for part of it due to conditions, but luckily it was open when we came back with it.

The trip home on Interstate 84 in Oregon:

Here are a few images that some of you may have already seen when I first got it:

And the first order of business was using it to haul away some things blocking its new residence in the car port:

Here are a few in nice weather as I started to work on her:

Trust me - I know those wheels need to go!!

Over 2013 I worked under the hood to get some engine improvements made in the "looks" department - as well as a tune up and replacement of a bad distributor. Here is a before shot:

And, the after shot:

I also had the glovebox painted by Nub Grafix in New York over the summer: