The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2014, 12:54 AM   #1
brokestudent

A little hello, and....

So I recently bought a 1963 Chevrolet stepside long bed pickup. I am really excited about this, but this is my first truck that I will be restoring. The other side to that is it will need to be my semi-daily driver. I will start off with my questions for now then my end goals for the truck. I am going to pull the bed and try to clean up and seal half the frame (without making it undriveable for now). My question is should I hand sand it with a highspeed sander or should I just wait and have someone sandblast the whole thing? I was hoping to do half and half the truck bed half first then when I go to do an engine swap (I am thinking an old rebuild LS1 engine) doing the other half. I was planning on doing all this while working on the pickup bed dents rust issues etc off and on. All I have done so far is re-run new brake lines (sorry do not trust 50 year old brake lines), I was thinking of doing air ride but have not decided. I also am unsure about disc brakes I do not wish to spend 1k+ for upgrade kits. I think also power steering will be in my near future, and think any input ideas links etc would be greatly appreciated people. I am attaching (hopefully correctly) a picture of her, and I am sure there are many in the near future.
Attached Images

brokestudent is offline   Reply With Quote