The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #1
Spaz's C10

Barn Find, 66 C20 Custom Camper

Hey guys, fairly new to the C10 scene and have much to learn. I've built and bagged an S10, now I'm currently working on a 66 build. Complete PB coil over setup.

Anyways, I have the opportunity to purchase a 1966 C20 Custom Camper with 49,000 original miles. The entire truck is original with the exception of some small mechanical repairs.

It is a two owner truck, and the second owner hasn't even owned it for a year. They are the ones that found it and put it back on the road.

All this being said, I have a few questions;

1. What is a ball park value? Keep in mind this truck is from the Midwest, so little rust and some patches to the cab floor, otherwise body is very clean. everything works and it drives as good as a 66 could. Oh yeah, 283 V8 with a 4 speed. Also, missing the heater and rear bumper.

2. What is the difference in the frames from a C10 vs. C20? Only conclusive info I could find is that a C20 has leaf springs and has more frame braces?

3. Lastly, would it be wrong to turn this truck into a "Delmo Special"? Basically keep it all original and untouched, but slam it to the ground with a complete PB setup and Accuair? Somewhere I read there were only 1,500 of these produced in 66, that's why I'm having a hard time deciding.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Spaz's C10 is offline   Reply With Quote