The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > 47 - Current classic GM Trucks > The 1960 - 1966 Chevrolet & GMC Pickups Message Board

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-09-2014, 10:28 AM   #1
familyfast64

Red face lokar, ugghh

Hey guys, just thought I'd let everyone know I found a cool place locally called bowtie bits. They sell all old Chevy and gmc truck stuff. Real cheap too. I picked up some rain guards(for smoking) and sill trim pieces(rocker trim) also door bumpers all for like 50 bucks. Chrome and stainless stuff so I was happy.
Along with that I ordered lokars floor mount competition throttle assembly and the trick flow bracket to hook up the throttle cable, tv cable and return spring. All this cause I have the old Chevy throttle pedal with a throttle rod type linkage that interferes with the tv cable bracket so it's currently not hooked up. Well, the lokar pedal assembly obviously wasnt designed to set on thick carpet with sound deadener. The hardware required me to cut out the carpet, which leaves my pedal below the carpet level and it looks like sh!t. so I had to order the spacer that they obviously know you need but don't include in the 160$ kit. I'm waiting for it to come in...
Has anyone went this route? How did y'all go about ridding our trucks of there ancient throttle pedal assembly?
Attached Images