The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network

Register or Log In To remove these advertisements.

Go Back   The 1947 - Present Chevrolet & GMC Truck Message Board Network > General Truck Forums > Engine & Drivetrain > LSx Swaps

Web 67-72chevytrucks.com

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-10-2014, 11:21 PM   #1
Revorollerr

New to the c10 scene, boosted lsx

First off I just wanna say the layout of this forum is awesome! Very easy to navigate to find the info I needed.

My project is a 71 c10 lwb, I swapped in a heads/cam/intake 5.3 about a year ago when my brother owned the truck. I recently bought it and was going to install a mp112 blower but decided to scrap my lsx foxbody and put the drive train in something worthy of it!

Forged 347 (Ls1 block)
Pro flo xt intake
Pt88
Jakes performance th400
Frozen boost a2w intercooler

I do have a couple questions, I'm hoping to be around 800hp and would like some stopping force so disk brakes in the rear is a must. I know I can utilize Astro or impala rotors but what are you guys using for caliper brackets?

A buddy of mine is giving me a hydro boost setup, is it worth using? I realize it's a cleaner setup but is it worth it otherwise?

Also can a one piece drive line be utilized with a lwb? I'm wanting a street/strip truck, something that I can hop in and take for a cruise and still be able to put a hurting on most of the cars around. That was kinda the reasoning for scrapping the mustang and putting everything in the truck.

And last but not least, I'd like to use my slicks and skinnies from my mustang, does anyone offer a nice conversion kit for 5x4.5 lug pattern? Even if it's just a list of parts I can buy that's fine. I've heard it about wheel spacers to change lug pattern but my past experience with spacers is they are crap and usually snap the studs....now if this is my only option I've been thinking of possibly using arp studs to try and prevent any stud issues. I'd just like to steer clear of them if possible haha

Anyways, I'm waiting on my builder kit from Columbia mandrel bends before I can do anything further really, aside from the battery relocation and what not.
Attached Images

Revorollerr is offline   Reply With Quote